To register with FEMA, go online to www.DisasterAssistance.gov. Persons with a smartphone can download the FEMA app at https://www.fema.gov/mobile-app. and register. Registration by telephone also is available by calling 800-621-3362. For TTY call 800-462-7585. Those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS) also can call 800-621-3362.
SBA Office of Disaster Assistance
SBA Office of Disaster Assistance is the primary source of recovery money for businesses of all sizes, private nonprofits, homeowners and renters who are uninsured/underinsured after a disaster. Also, more than 80% of our loans are made to homeowners and renters.
The basic details of our program are:
- The SBA helps businesses of all sizes, private nonprofits, homeowners and renters by providing low-interest direct federal recovery loans for uninsured or under-insured damages.
- Loans for homeowners can be up to $200,000 to repair their primary residence.
- Homeowners and renters can receive up to $40,000 for personal property losses, including disaster-damaged vehicles.
- Small businesses and nonprofit organizations can qualify for up to $2,000,000 to repair/replace business real estate, inventory, equipment, machinery, etc.
- For small businesses and most private nonprofit organizations, SBA can also offer low-interest Economic Injury Disaster Loans as well as loans for physical damages. These EIDL’s provide working capital to help businesses through the recovery period. The business/nonprofit DOES NOT need to have suffered physical damage.
- Rates are as low as 1.938 percent for homeowners or renters, 3.61 percent for businesses and 2.5 percent for private nonprofits with terms up to 30 years.
It is important that all residents and businesses impacted to register with FEMA at www.disasterassistance.gov or by calling (800) 621-FEMA (3362). FEMA provides immediate needs assistance to get survivors into a safe, sanitary and secure environment.
The next step is to apply for our programs at www.SBA.gov/Disaster. All of our information is available at that site. Anyone impacted by the Carr Fire that has questions about applying for SBA’s Disaster Assistance Loan programs can always call our Customer Service at (800) 659-2955.
A Disaster Recovery Center, where survivors can speak face to face with SBA and FEMA, as well as other aid organizations, opened at 9:00am this morning and will be open 7 days/week from 9:00am to 7:00pm. It is located at the former Kmart, 2685 Hilltop Dr., Redding, CA 96002.
The SBA Office of Disaster Assistance also opened a Business Recovery Center this morning at 8:00am with the location below. It’s open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday to assist any businesses affected by the Carr Fire. Superior California Economic Development office, 350 Hartnell Avenue Suite A, Redding, CA 96002